Aggregate Market Trends
- One of the world’s largest allocators to private equity
- Has one of the most expansive, accurate, and timely databases in the industry
- Hamilton Lane provides Cobalt with daily cash flow data across >50% of all private markets capital ever raised
- Hamilton Lane also provides fundraising coverage data through its 15 global offices and 800+ meetings with managers annually
Transparent GP Track Records
- A provider of technology solutions to the private markets
- Collect limited partner sourced data through the public domain
- Bison’s data is completely transparent allowing users to see the limited partner source of each performance metric
- For over 2,300 funds, Bison has collected quarterly cash flows for the life of the fund
The Combined Cobalt Database
How is Cobalt’s data differentiated?
Transparent: Using Bison data, users can see the exact source of each performance metric, allowing users to choose from multiple limited partner sources of data.
Unbiased: Cobalt’s data is not biased by survey collection or general partner provided data.
Quality: Data is not collected through surveys. Hamilton Lane’s back office operations maintain comprehensive controls and store data in an independently audited control environment.
Representative: Market trend data is scaled by known sample coverage across private market styles and geographies. Market analysis statistics such as cash flow totals and time-weighted returns represent an industry-level view of activity for $7.3 trillion in capital.
* As of 7/31/2017
** Daily cash flow coverage for over $3.3T of private markets capital, or more than half of all private markets capital contained in Cobalt, which we believe represents the industry. As of 7/31/2017.
*** Based on the percentage of Hamilton Lane funds that are above $100M