April 13, 2018
April Chart of the Month
- Pooled distributions and contributions were at historically high levels.
- Additionally, unprecedented distribution activity was observed in 2017. In fact, this is a record for three of the four largest quarters on a historical basis.
- Q3 and Q4 2017 saw the 1st and 2nd largest quarterly contributions.
- Furthermore, distributions topped $200B for the first time in Q4 2017.
- Pooled distributions and contributions were positive for the year by over $40B.
- Lastly, for the fourth consecutive year, contributions increased year-over-year.
These includes all styles except for fund-of-funds and secondaries.
The cash flow analysis provided above was derived using information available in the Cobalt LP database and does not represent the entire private equity market. The analysis is not indicative of future results.