2020 was a year full of unexpected twists and major disruption to our everyday lives. However, as we transitioned to a fully remote environment, Cobalt was still as dedicated as ever to seek ways of providing the best in class service to its clients. In addition to major platform updates and a rebranded Cobalt LP website, we continue to optimize internal and client feedback to make our platform accessible and manageable.
What Happened in 2020?
- Hamilton Lane acquires full ownership of Cobalt LP technology, giving control to better support clients and the resources to continue to build a LP-focused platform.
- We grew our client base by 22% spanning across global markets including countries like Oman, South Korea, Australia and the United States.
- 4 client seminars, in response to client concerns in the early onset of the pandemic.
- Introduced the bulk upload functionality which allows users to quickly upload gross and net diligence data for a manager through one workbook.
- Partnership with Pitchbook allows Cobalt users access to view their transparent performance data through our platform directly.
- Value Change: a new analysis to understand how cash flows and organic growth have led to change in asset value from one period to the next.
- Internal Update! Hiring of new Cobalt LP team members spanning across sales, product management, customer success and software development capabilities.